Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Teaching for the First Time at Our Paper Place

It was mid-March of this year when I had my second encounter with the owner of Our Paper Place, an adorable scrapboking store in Newark, CA. In her usualy kind and friendly manner, Sarah asked me what I was working on. I had just gotten off a card binder and shared how much fun I had been having and what a roll I was on with card making.

The conversation continued and we got on the subject of teaching with me asking about the teachers in the store. That's when Sarah popped the question, "Are you interested in teaching?" I was taken aback, flattered and stunned all at the same time. Not necessarily thinking out the details of my answer, my reply was, "I don't know, I think so."

Later in the week Sarah looked at my card samples and gave me a resounding thumbs up. My "I think so" quickly turned into a date on the calendar, April 26, that was to be the date of my first class.

These are the cards that I designed and taught in my class:

Card Class at Our Paper Place by Tammy Ozuna

My intimate group of four awesome students, pictured below were perfect in every way. They were fun, creative and full of mad card-making skills. I was grateful to have them join me and hope to be in class with them again.


I send a huge THANK YOU to Sarah who opened the door and graciously invited me to teach. And, thanks also goes to the teachers, Suzy West, Angel Bartonico and Jen Deal who generously shared their teaching best-practices to a first-timer.

I'm on the calendar to teach again in mid-July and look forward to it.

Tammy

3 comments:

  1. yay! :) thanks for teaching for us.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Tammy and when my schedule slows down a bit, i would love to take your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tori. I just taught my second class yesterday and will be teaching again in August.

    Looking forward to having you as a student when the timing is right for you, Tori. Hope all is well for you.

    T

    ReplyDelete